Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, May 7, 2010

Stanislaus - Week 14 (Part 2)


Design Strategy and choice of event:

For the web design project we were to pick an event being hosted by a not-for-profit organization. The organization I chose is called Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM). It is a major performing arts site in Brooklyn, New York. It is a venue for film, performance, art, literature and events. The event I chose was DanceAfrica 2010. This is an annual event that takes place at BAM. Each annual DanceAfrica consists of dance performances by numerous dance companies, an outside DanceAfrica Bazaar, an art display, a series of films and a dance party with live music. The reason why I chose this organization was because it was a local event in my hometown of Brooklyn, NY. I chose the event because I felt that it was extremely cultural and it seemed like a very lively event for all, from young to old. When designing the website, I felt that it should be very bright and festive just like the event. Therefore I incorporated a lot of bright colors into it. I also wanted the website to explain a lot yet be simple which I think I accomplished.


Choice of Typeface

For the whole website I chose the font, Helvetica Neue. The reason why I chose this font is because it is an easily read text and it has numerous different types of font styles and I was able to work with the font in different ways. It’s a very versatile font.


Color

For the website I chose vibrant, bright colors. I chose red (R 214, G 35, B 41) for the top layer, yellow (R 255, G 233, B 95) for the body and black (R 10, G 0, B 0) for the bottom and the background for the navigation bar. I feel these colors meshed well together for the website. For the titles of each page I chose to take the red from the top layer for the color of the font to keep it consistent. I feel overall the website looks simple and clean yet informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment