Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week Fifteen | LaSorsa

As a PR major, I was initially curious about why I was required to take a graphic design class. However, I am so glad that I did get to learn the basics of graphic design. A lot of PR firms are looking for well-rounded students and having a basic knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator definitely puts you at an advantage. With these skills, I am now able to use these programs in order to update my resume or make posters for events I am apart of. Though I would not say I am an expert in graphic design, I learned a lot of basics that I will always remember. For example, the fact that the color blue is the most well-liked color. I know that PR tends to overlap with graphic design. So, I am glad I took the course because what I have learned will allow me to communicate with graphic designers, if I ever work with them in the future. Overall, I think the hardest project was the magazine project because of how much detail was involved. My favorite project was the resume project because it was the most helpful and I was able to use this as my real resume. I really enjoyed the class, overall, and found it very helpful for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment