Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, March 26, 2010

Week Nine, Stefaniak



Strategy:

I wanted to create a logo for myself that was simple and modern yet described my personality and sparked interest in the receiver. I knew that since my name isn’t visual, I needed to take a different approach to creating a logo. Though I’m not sure in which field exactly I want to go, I knew I wanted to create a design that mirrored graphic design, the field in which I'm considering entering in the magazine industry.

Typefaces:

I chose a serif typeface, Americana Std Extra Bold, for the logo itself because it created a thick and bold feel for the four grouped letters. For my name under the logo and the name and address on the back of the envelope I used Cochin Lt Std to mirror the bold feel of the logo above, yet it adds contrast because of its cleanness. I then chose ITC Veljovic Std Book for the back of the business card and the address on the stationery because it followed the same serif pattern but it created easy readability and wasn’t too bold in contrast to the logo.

Visuals:

For the logo mark, I typed out each individual letter in Illustrator, drew a line above and below where I wanted the letters to reach, and then adjusted each letter so that it fit perfectly between the lines. I then changed each color of the letter to follow the design that I wanted, moved them inward so that they would overlap, and then changed the opacity so that the color of the letter underneath would show through, creating visual interest. Since I wanted to create a graphic design feel, I chose to manipulate the CMYK pattern in a way that reflects my personality while retaining the classic design pattern. Therefore the letters in order are variations of CMYK, though I chose to change the last letter, T, to an interesting color that pops and doesn’t get too lost in the standard graphics color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment