Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, March 5, 2010

Week Seven - Igbeare

This ad follows the gestalt principle of the figure-ground phenomenon. This principle lets the audience know what image the audience should be focusing on and what image should be in the background. In this Tide ad we get to see an outline drawing of the soup and the shirt. In this case, both images are in the dominant view. The slogan for this ad is "Because Stains love your Clothes" this is a creative and fun way to convey the message to the audience. I really liked the color they used because it is similar to the colors of the Tide logo. I thought it was a smart idea to use a vivid orange and a light green because these colors do stand out. In addition, the audience is able to see the outlined faces. Tide was able to effectively display their message with the use of colors and the images.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a really creative ad. I like the fact that the stain color is orange because it represents the color of tide. It definitely uses gestalt principles because the faces do not automatically pop out. The slogan is really relatable and it makes people smile because they know exactly what it means. This ad is really effective and would get me to buy the product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this ad as well. I especially love the colors and how the hues are just saturated and vivid enough to pop out when one look at the ad. I also think orange and green work very well together, and I like how the green of the shirt connects to the green of the herb in front of the plate. Our eyes are instantly draw to the colors, capturing our attention indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete