Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Thursday, April 29, 2010

Annie Lebowitz Lecture - Igbeare

I really enjoyed Lebowitz's lecture. She read a few excerpts for her book. I liked how she described her process while showing us the images. The image of Queen Elizabeth was phenomenal. The background and her pose really added to the whole image. I also enjoyed the black and white photos she showed. I thought it gave the image authentic feel. I thought the images of the dancers were amazing. There was one in particular that I liked a lot. Two dancers were photographed at the beach. One was lifting the other up and the man who was lifted was in a pose. I could feel the emotion coming from the image. Overall, I liked Lebowitz's lecture. I thought she had really good advice for up and coming photographers as well as students in the media industry. I could tell she was really passionate and genuine about the work she did as she spoke to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment