Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Monday, April 26, 2010

Schwartz - Week Fourteen

Design Strategy

I immediately knew that I wanted to use Phi Hoops for my website design. I really enjoyed creating a poster for this event because it is relevant to me, as my sorority plans it every year. Similarly, I was so interested and enthralled by this project, as I was able to extend my passion for AEPhi and our events into my schoolwork once again. For my website design, I chose to focus around the pictures that were already in my possession. I got lucky, because I had a large selection of photos to choose from, as I helped organize this event in the fall. I chose to pick links to pages that applied to the event specifically and I knew enough information about so that I could provide the most information possible. I tried to maintain visual consistency throughout by keeping a similar model for all pages.

Typefaces

For my typefaces, I chose Antique Olive Std for my header and side bar. I like this font because it compliments Verdana, my body text, as they are both sans serif. I thought this was a fun test to use for headers, because it attracts attention but adds a playful touch, which is applicable to the event. These are the two typefaces I used consistently throughout the web design.

Color

I chose to use green and white as my primary colors for my site, because they are my sorority’s colors and I was also able to pull them out from the logo. I kept consistency for using these colors throughout, and added a touch of orange for the basketball touch. This is the only presence of color in my project.

Images

Sidebar Image: http://www.afghanbuzz.com/events/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/british-performance-basketball-logo-31.jpg

Logo: http://www.rowan.edu/clubs/aephi/pediatric-aids-foundation.gif

Payment screenshot: www.pedaids.org

All other images are personal photographs taken by myself or friends at previous Phi Hoops events.





2 comments:

  1. I really like the gradient in the top bar. I think it does a nice job of leading the eye across the page. It helps the person reading find order and organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you incorporated the two oo's in the title. I thought your design looked visually appealing and I love the photos and how you used the feather tool

    ReplyDelete