Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, April 23, 2010

COHN- Magazine Post



For my magazine layout it was hard at first to decide where to place pictures, being that the story was about two new stadiums. At first I wanted to put two pictures of the old stadiums the Mets and Yankees played in on the cover but it looked awkward and too crammed. I decided I didn't need pictures of the old stadiums so I got creative with the new stadium pictures. On the first spread I have two pictures of the facade of each stadium facing inwards towards my deckhead, with plenty of white space above for my headline. Then on the second page I put two inward facing pictures of the inside of each stadium, sort of welcoming the reader to the new stadiums with the text. For my text I used Futura because it felt new and fitting for the new stadiums. Because of the amount of images I put in the article I kept my text more traditional by using Times font. My sidebar fits in well with the story because it is about the really expensive ticket prices which is mentioned throughout the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment