Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Web site | Palladino





Choice of Event:

I chose the redesign the Web site for the Autism Move-A-Thon in Orange County, New York because I wanted to stick with a non-profit event for Autism, but a different event than what I did my poster project on. I chose this event because it’s local to my hometown and I have volunteered at the event for many years in the past. The event does have it’s own Web site as a link on the Web site of its parent foundation, the Mental Health Association in Orange County. I wanted to redesign the Web site because the it looks as if the current site was just put together quickly to ensure people could get basic information about the event online. However, it’s not visually stimulating or coherent.

I decided to create three basic containers for my Web site: the title bar at the top, the navigation bar on the left side, and the primary information container in the middle. I chose to make the containers blue against a white background because I wanted to keep the site looking clean, yet colorful, using only a few primary colors.


Typefaces:

I chose Helvetica Rounded for the title of the Web site and the navigation bar because I wanted a simple, sans serif typeface to accompany the simplicity of the Web site’s design. I varied between weights and colors on the navigation bar depending on which page is being viewed. For the body text, I chose Optima, a humanist sans, to keep my entire site written in sans serifs to ensure readability. I also like the contrast of Optima’s thin strokes to Helvetica Rounded’s bold appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment