Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

COHN- web post






For my web design I decided to use the same not-for-profit that I did for my poster design. I know a lot about the organization because the owner of my camp is on the board of directors and has given me some key insight as to how they attract donations. The group tries to balance between professional and kid-friendly, being that the group mission is to provide kids with money to attend summer camps.

I decided to use Helvetica throughout my design, because within the family there were different font types such as regular, bold, bold oblique, and italic, that would give me some differentiation throughout my pages while keeping a consistent feel. For my headline I put the group’s name, SCOPE, which stands for Summer Camp Opportunities Provide an Edge, which I put under the headline. I put the organization’s logo on the top right of the headline. Directly under I put a toolbar with links to different pages. The colors I used throughout were a dark green, like grass, a light blue for the sky, and yellow for the sun. Although it is not expressed on the webpage I did it with the intention that any viewer will get the idea based off the group’s objectives.

I put a lot of different links throughout my design, starting with the home page, which details the event, with a registration link. After the event page and registration page the rest of my site is focused on the group itself, with links such as about us, history, donate, and contact us. The consistency I went with was having the headline and the toolbar on each page, and then a picture in the top right corner under the headline. To the left of the picture is the title of each page, such as ‘registration,’ or ‘history.’ On the “about us” page I created a second toolbar of links which say ‘scope camps,’ and ‘exec. Board.’ I felt that this second toolbar for “about us” gave it a more realistic look because any page of this sort would most likely have more than one linked page.

My main font throughout is white on a blue background, which I used for all of the headlines except when there was a mouse over in which I used the green from the header. For information or other related containers I used black to give it a contrast from the white type seen throughout. All of the mouseovers, whether it be on the toolbar or in the container itself, is the dark green used in the header. I think the use of green, white, blue, yellow, and black throughout is very consistent and gives a feeling of visual continuality from page to page. Each page has a similar design with some modern changes, but the skeleton on each page, with the header, toolbar, logo, and picture on the top right make for a visually appealing and continual design.

Photos- All pictures were taken from the group’s website, scope-ny.org

No comments:

Post a Comment