Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, April 30, 2010

FISH





Mel Fish

4/30/2010

Rationale | Web Design


Concept

The event in which this website website was created for is called ‘Get on the Ball.’ The direct beneficiary is the Jim and Juli Boeheim foundation, and I felt that it was essential that this was a prominent theme throughout the design. To achieve this, I cropped the logo of the Jim and Juli Boeheim foundation, and made it the consistent header for each of my links. It adds a sense of legitimacy to my site, and attracts the reader’s interest throughout their visit.

Links

‘Get on the Ball’ is a simple event. It does not require much explanation, so I determined that simple, straightforward links were appropriate. Each of the pages maintains visual consistency, in that they each are designed within a 2 layer grid. Each page has at least two images, and the text is located in the corners of each page. For my navigation bar, I used a rollover, in the form of a ball, to indicate which page the user is visiting. I transformed the image opacity to 38%, which allows the ball to be prominent and visible, but still allows the text on the navigation ball to be the dominant visual entry point.

Font

For my navigation bar, I used the font Friz Quadrata Standard Regular. It is easily readable, and it effectively coincided with the translucent roll-over ball. My body font was Verdana Regular. It is an easily readable font, and user friendly. For my privacy information, I utilized Helvetica. It adds a sense of hierarchy, and it also user-friendly.


Color

The RGB for my navigation bar is 242, 101, 34. To maintain visual consistency, I used a gray to white gradient. It is inspired from the logo that I use at the top of my design, and adds a little spice to the overall website.


No comments:

Post a Comment