Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week Six - Rinder



Design Strategy:

The intended audience for my poster is anyone 18 or older, but mainly just women. I wanted the poster to express the meaning of the event with a simple, clear headline, that tied to the visual. I wanted it to follow the color scheme of other events and organizations that are attached to breast cancer research. This allows the reader to understand what the poster represents without reading all of the text.

Visuals:

I used the ‘pen tool’ to create both the outline of the girl doing Pilates, and the breast cancer ribbon in the word ‘Focus’. I traced an image of a girl in a Pilates move, and the breast cancer ribbon.

I used a pink background to stay with the idea of breast cancer research. I also added an outline of the pink breast cancer ribbon as the ‘O’ to give an even clearer idea of what the event was about.

I used a darker pink strip across the bottom of the poster to highlight the information about the event. The strip also reminded me of the rubber stretch bands that are used in Pilates.

Choice of Typefaces

I wanted the type to agree with the overall concept of the poster. I wanted it to have a sense of calmness, and informality to it to go along with the idea of doing Pilates. For this I chose a sans serif font, Briem Script Standard Regular. I found this particular script font to seem more relaxed than other fonts, as well as easily readable.

I also wanted the type to have a hint of femininity since the event benefits breast cancer research. The Briem Script font also worked well for this since, although a sans serif, it had a little more movement and curve to the ends of the letters. I felt that this added the feminine feel I was looking for. I chose to use the same font for both the heading and the information

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the legs of the person lead the readers eye to the information on the bottom left side. I also think the visuals and headline work great together. It is very simple yet gets the point across extremely effectively and the reader has no question what the poster is advertising.

    ReplyDelete