Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, February 12, 2010

Week Four - Igbeare


When creating my resume I wanted it to be sleek, modern and professional at the same time. I knew i wanted to appeal to magazine editors, specifically fashion magazines. I used colors that were soft to contrast with the bold statement of my word mark. I wanted my creative side to show when making the resume. I decided to put my header vertically because it eliminated white space. It also looked more appealing. I put my information at the bottom because it looked better to put it at the end of the resume. I highlighted my experience positions because I wanted it to stand out from the rest of the words.
For my word mark I used Bodoni Regular because it is known in the fashion industry. I decided to put it in a white color because it stood out more and it complimented the other colors.I kerned and tracked my word mark to make it appear spacious and large. For my body text I uses Meridien regular. I wanted my body text to be professional. This serif was easy to read and still looked good with the Bodoni font. I think my resume conveys my professional and creative side.

1 comment:

  1. I think your resume really encompasses your rationale. I can absolutely see how this would appeal to the magazine industry, particularly fashion magazines, because there's a very unique, overall graphical element to it. I really enjoy your use of color, it makes your resume stand out and feel very personalized. Your separation of information is also very good, and I liked how you made your headers lie vertically.

    ReplyDelete