Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week Four, Stefaniak

Strategy:

In today’s business world where staying on the current edge is crucial to success in the workplace, it’s important to have an equally current résumé. Especially in the art magazine field, using an outdated design or typeface might be the crucial error that causes a person to be passed over during the application process. For this reason, I’ve tried to produce a resume that reflects my personality as well as mold to the newly changing magazine field. In order to keep up with the flux and uncertainty of the future of magazines, my résumé’s goal is to provide prospective employers with a reason to hire me and help sustain the “dying medium.”

Likewise, I also set guidelines for myself in order to ensure a great résumé. By keeping to a simple design, my achievements and experience are able to stand out amid the rounded rectangles and crisp lines. But in using shapes as dividers and headers, I knew that a fresh color would make them pop; the pea green adds cleanness and originality to an otherwise black type résumé. Though my objective in my résumé is to become an editor/writer, the overall current theme of my résumé will help me break into the design-centered field of art magazines.

Typefaces:

Helvetica Neue UltraLight felt like the best choice for the wordmark and headline. Since it’s a sans serif, it provides the résumé with a streamlined and succinct effect that allows me for the use all caps without making it seem as if I’m too loud or forceful. The thinness of the font really worked for the design. In addition, Gill Sans Light seems to be the perfect complement for the body type. Not only does it continue the pattern of sans serif type throughout the résumé, but the weight and posture also allow for easy readability and cohesion, something I feel is important for a résumé.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the overall layout of your resume. At first glance, it feels crisp, concise, and to the point. The off-green shading of your headers adds a nice touch to the overall feeling of the page

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I looked at your resume it reminded me of a magazine, and then I saw that's the field you want to go into- so you were definitely successful with that! The font is simple yet chic, and the light green makes it modern and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete