Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week Four- Rinder










Design Strategy:

As a Magazine Major, my intended audience for my resume is editors or HR departments of women’s fashion, health, and/or lifestyle magazines. I wanted my resume to not only represent myself, but also to be appealing to such prospective employers. I wanted it to appear feminine, and stylish, but also clean and modern. I feel that I achieved this with my design and typeface choices.


Choice of Typefaces:

I like the modern, clean lines of the sans serif typeface, especially for a resume. I chose Thonburi to be the typeface of my body-text. It is very readable and works well as a small body-text.

For my word-mark and headers, I wanted it to have a little more flair than my body-text. I chose another sans serif typeface, Antique Olive. When enlarged in my word-mark, the ends of the letters (especially on the ‘a,’ ‘e’, and ‘r’) are slightly angled. I think it looks a bit sharper, and with more character, than if it was just completely straight.

I also kept my word-mark and headers in all lowercase letters to add something a little different to my name. I decided not to put a space between my first and last name, and to kern them closer together, because I like the appearance of the two lowercase ‘r’s lined up.

I made my first name bold, and blue to separate it from my last name, since they are both lowercase and kerned close together. I chose blue because, not only is it my favorite color and therefore represents an aspect of myself, but also because I feel blue evokes feelings of calmness, confidence, and truthfulness, all things that I hope I convey to future employers.

1 comment:

  1. I like your resume alot, but I do have a suggestion. I think it would make everything look more even if you lined up your bolded line with the top of the h in your name. It is just more appealing to the eye if everything lines up, and it makes the top look more clean.

    ReplyDelete