Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, February 19, 2010

Week Five - Seo


When I think of gestalt principle using in advertising, the advertising with a certain object or image which connected with the message becomes much stronger than the advertising with just words and letters. Today’s ads become more visualized and worked better in order to grab consumers’ attentions. This ad is from Coca Cola, promoting its new product: The Diet Coke with Lime. Instead of displaying the general feature of the coke, they sliced the coke which shows the actual limes into the coke can. Although this ad might seem little exaggerated with the product, it certainly grabbed the consumers’ attentions and perfectly matched with what they wanted to convey and deliver to the people.

3 comments:

  1. The limes sliced into the Coke can are very creative and makes the drink appear very tastey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this is ad. The way they morph the can of coke into lime. It's really creative and appealing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this ad showcases a specific gestalt principle, but I do think it is a creative ad. I think it is really memorable and almost seems personified. I can envision someone cutting the lime and drinking a coke and that in turn makes me want to try the product.

    ReplyDelete