Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Friday, February 26, 2010

Week Six - Igbeare

I chose to make a poster for my church back home. Every three weeks they have a dinner for people in financial peril or homeless. The target audience was mostly middle-aged and families. I wanted it to be sophisticated and simple. I decided to play on the religious idea of bread, fish, and red wine. I wanted the table cloth to engulf half of the poster and make the food the center focus of the poster.

Typeface:
For the slogan I used Svoye Regular which is a script font. I decided to use script because it was geared toward a more adult audience. However, I still wanted it to be readable. For the information I chose Apple Chancery. I chose it because it was a script font and it is familiar with the church. I thought it made the poster more elegant with the script fonts.

Visual:
For all my pictures I used LiveTrace and the pen tool. I wanted the food to appear real in the poster. I decided to use the star tool to create an intimate and friendly atmosphere. I chose to put the 'come enjoy a hot meal' next to the stars so it would look like the words were stars. I decided to put the background in black because of its simplicity. I also used the spray tool to create the image of smoke.

Overall, I like my poster, however now that I'm looking at it I would have moved 'those experiencing hardship' to the left margin so it would be easier for the readers to follow. I also would have made the slogan compliment the visual more because I don't think people would get that the words were supposed to be starry-like.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your poster, it is very creative and extremely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy this poster that the place of information is well recognizable. I also liked the tagline also matches with the image of food. The real image of food really attracts me to look the poster carefully. The typeface of the letter also matches well with the message of the poster.

    ReplyDelete