Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week Four | LaSorsa


When approaching my resume, I was extremely particular about how my personality would reflect through this one sheet of paper. The field of Public Communications is extensive so I tried to stay specific to my style while maintaining professionalism. My target audience is a big firm that would respect my traditional but bold approach. My wordmark makes a statement and I believe that it will be a name that a reader will recognize. I was very inspired by the fashion industry and specifically the "YvesSaintLaurent" logo. I choose Bodoni Std for my wordmark because it is a well known fashion typography. I also liked how the type was clean and classic. However, I was careful about the sizing because Bodoni can easily overpower your work. For my body text, I used Myraid Pro for a softer and more legible type. The contrast between the two fonts was easy to distinuish and read just like a magazine. Even though I see myself on the more creative side of Public Relations, I did not want my resume to be playful and lack sophistication. I did not chose to add color to my resume. In order to maintain my creative side, I did rotate my wordmark ninety degrees. This gave my resume an edge while playing down the length of my name. My resume advocates for both my sense of style and my professional skills.

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting workmark. It is very creative but still holds to the traditional look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Danielle! I love the wordmark and format of your resume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your resume. The black font makes it look professional. But the way you chose to angle your wordmark and the size you used made it creative. It is simple but by no means boring. Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your wordmark. It's simple yet it pops. I like how you italicized the first letter of each of your names. It's a very clean, easy to ready resume. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your wordmark. It looks very vogue, and I think it adds a fashion-sort of flare to your resume overall. The use of your wordmark as well is very unique, and I think it really contributes to your design.

    ReplyDelete