Welcome to the Official Class Blog of GRA217- Section 4


Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week Four-Stanislaus

Design Strategy
For my project, I was trying to accomplish a clean, easy to read resume while at the same time have it be creative. My intended audience is whoever is hiring me for a position, most likely it would be a manager. I also wanted to reflect my skills attained from learning how to use Adobe InDesign. With this resume, I am trying to display my past and present work experience and skills in a clean yet artistic way.

I think that from my resume I can be perceived as professional yet imaginative. The periodic use of purple in the bullets, dashes and line breakers show a splash of color yet not over the top. I feel that the resume is fun however, presentable and enjoyable to the eyes.

Choice of Typeface
For my wordmark, I decided to use for most of my name, Gills Sans. The reason why I chose this font is it coordinates really well with the capital "N" used in my name. For the "N" I chose to use Bickham Script Standard. The reason why I chose this font is because I like the way both my first name and last name fit in with the "N". Overall, I feel that fonts coordinate well together, Gills Sans is an extremely readable font and very versatile.

2 comments:

  1. I think your wordmark is really pretty and i think that if you tried to make the dotted line look like the lines in the N, it would add a really cool touch to the rest of your resume. I think a curved line like that is really different and would make your resume stand out from the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that your wordmark is really great. The "N" ties in your first and last name well in an interesting way. Also, the color purple is very successful as a touch of flair and creativity. You succeeded in doing what you planned to do in your rationale.
    I also think it's creative that you decided to write "Communication Experience" as your headline instead of just "Experience." That would stand out to me on a resume and I think it works well with your resume.
    There are a few spelling/grammar errors and some bullet points are a bit vague, but other than that it's a good resume.

    ReplyDelete